YAY! Ya’ll. It’s Saturday. Happy Saturday to those of you who are off. I work this weekend, but I am still excited for all of you that don’t! I recently have gotten a lot of requests for more recipes, healthy food ideas, etc etc. So this morning, I thought I’d share with you my go-to healthy breakfasts. Now, I am not a nutritionist or a dietitian or fitness coach or anything along those lines. I am just a mama who tries her best to start the day off with something nourishing and yummy. And this is what I have found works for my body. I am a creature of habit in the morning, so 99% of the time, I have one of these three things for breakfast. I love them that much.
Green Protein Smoothie
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Extra large handful of spinach or baby kale
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 1 scoop vital proteins collagen
- 8-12 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (depends on desired consistency)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/4 c frozen riced cauliflower (HECK YA, extra nutrients and I swear you will not hardly even notice it’s in there, if you notice at all)
- little bit of cinnamon
- 3ish ice cubes
- Optional: 1/4 c blueberries or 1/4 c gluten free oats
Blend it up! Drink. Mmmmm. (This is the blender I use.)
Avocado & Egg Toast
- one slice Dave’s Killer Bread (Dave’s is my favorite, you can of course use whatever is your favorite)
- one egg (cooked however you like it – I usually do over-medium, hard-boiled, or scrambled)
- TJ’s “everything but the bagel seasoning” or salt & pepper
- Favorite extras to add on top: Slice of tomato, one piece of turkey bacon, goat cheese, or nutritional yeast
- ** Tip: If I am scrambling the egg, I will add a small handful of spinach in with the egg for some extra nutrients
Toast bread. Add sliced avocado and mash into bread a little bit. Add whatever seasoning you choose. Add egg. Add anything else you desire on top of egg. The end.
- 1/2 c gluten free oats
- 1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 stevia packets
- cinnamon to taste
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 c blueberries
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen
- Optional: 1/2 scoop – 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Add everything except the blueberries and cook on stove until oats are soft and delicious. Add blueberries and cook for one more minute. Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon on top. Eat. Yum.
What do y’all think? If you have questions, always ask! And again, all of these are easily modifiable to your liking. If you prefer skim milk over almond, do that. If you hate blueberries but love raspberries or blackberries, do that! P.S. I also always have one glass of water with my breakfast BEFORE I have my coffee. I don’t know why I do this, but I just like starting my day with a glass of water. And if I have it, I add lemon. Have a great weekend, friends!